Saturday, October 28, 2017

I'm back

Hi there, TSW community.

It's time that I write a follow-up to my last blog post and update everyone on how things have been since Sept. 2014.

To be honest, this is a difficult post for me to write. I've known that I would need to write about it eventually but have been putting it off out of fear and embarrassment. And emotional fatigue.

First, I should say that my life is certainly in a better place now than it was back then. But, if I left it at that, I would be leaving out a lot of important information.

The truth is that, after my last post (1 full year into TSW), I ended up using steroids again for 2 weeks. I used them around Christmas (December 20-31) 2014 because I was suffering immensely with my skin. It was a choice that I made out of desperation. My skin had taken a huge turn for the worse during the fall of 2014 and I was forced to quit my part-time office administration job. I also had to take 6 months off from teaching piano. I was in such severe pain that I could no longer function.

Unfortunately, my decision to use steroids again was a huge, disastrous mistake. I then went through yet another withdrawal that was 10x worse than the previous. And I even had to live with my parents for a month or two.

I am still not fully healed. I have good months and bad months even still. Good days and bad.

____

Writing these words is deeply difficult for me. I believe that it's difficult for me to write because I'm still trying to comprehend and make peace with the fact that this is (and has been) my life for such a long time.

Although I've experienced a lot of personal growth and, quite honestly, am thankful for the difficult journey, I feel a very real sadness when I stop to think about how it's still dragging on even now.

My journey through severe eczema and TSW has taken up the majority of my adult life so far. I've been struggling immensely for 7 years now and, although I've experienced some healing (especially from my very worst times), it is still a daily battle.

I am hoping that blogging about it will perhaps be a form of therapy for me again. At this point, it's difficult to talk about my issues with others because I feel like it's extremely old news to everyone else. However, I think that it would be healthier for me to have an outlet to process my own thoughts and emotions surrounding this. More soon, hopefully.





1 comment:

  1. Natural herbs have treated so many illnesses that drugs and injections can't treat. I've seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work they have done in people's lives. I read people's testimonies online on how they were treated of HSV, HPV, Herpes, Cancer, Liver diseases, Anxiety, Fever ,diarrhea, aches and pains, sore throat , etc with natural medicine, so I decided to contact Oyama because I know nature has the power to heal anything. Believe it or not. but I am a living testimony. He cured my herpes virus. There is no harm trying natural herbs. Contact Dr text/call via: +2348108264684, For herbs and medications. Or you can also contact through his
    email; droyamasolutiontemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete